Privacy Assurance and Systems Security Council
The Privacy Assurance and Systems Security (PASS) Council promotes a collaborative approach to information security and privacy at the University of Washington. It provides advisory and oversight services for University of Washington administration in the following information security and privacy areas:
- Strategic planning related to information assurance
- Policies, standards, and guidelines
- Training and education
- Information and technology control processes
- Due care practices related to laws, regulatory obligations and, contractual commitments (e.g. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Risks assessments and management
- Incident response and management
- Information resources for technology innovation and business initiatives
The PASS Council’s scope includes information security and privacy for University technology and institutional information in any form (e.g. electronic or paper).
As needed, the PASS Council establishes working groups to evaluate and deliver services to the University of Washington.